Re: PBX code for FreeBSD.

From: Julian H. Stacey <jhs(at)freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 1997 23:40:31 +0100

Hi,

Reference:

Marc Rassbach wrote:
> (I went to the german site in the ports selection....

Huh ? I'm guessing here ?
Maybe you were browsing on www.freebsd.org ,
found my name somewhere somehow as being in Germany (Munich actually)

> don't know german,
> so the site was unenligting.:-)

Don't worry most of the folk on de-bsd-chat(at)de.freebsd.org speak English,
even though they usually chat among themselves in German.

> I'm looking at expanding my consulting into the telephony end of things
> and note a total LACK of "UnPBX" software....

Huh ? Not sure what you mean, or why you'r asking me ?

> and a lack of H.323
> applications.

No idea what H.323 is, but I guess you went to the German web site for a
specific reason, so I'm copying this to the German Chat list for FreeBSD.

> Is there a group working on this type of stuff with FreeBSD?

No idea, I'm grasping at straws here, maybe H.323 is ISDN ?:

Germany is where most ISDN gets done for FreeBSD,
but pretty much everything else it'd be best to ask about on
        one of the main @freebsd.org lists (mail majordomo(at)freebsd.org
        for list of lists)

The German list I've cc'd you to
        de-bsd-chat(at)de.freebsd.org
is mainly used for arranging German geographic region
FreeBSD social gatherings etc :-)

Julian

--
Julian H. Stacey       jhs@freebsd.org         http://www.freebsd.org/~jhs/